Saturday, April 11, 2009

The walk


Created a few years ago, "Ripples in the Pond" is my "sacred space", a real place near my childhood home in Connecticut. Although this is more of a winter view I want to share with you my walk. I played and spent years in these woods as a child. This is where the wind softly whispers through the trees, you can see her rustle some leaves and gently move your way till blowing through your hair. Walking back to the second pond is always magically. We all rode our bikes, where now paths are wider and used for ATV's and strewn with party evidence of food wrappers, beer cans, broken glass, tires and ashes. Despite the old rugs and garbage that disturbs me, I walk in my nest of comfort amidst hills of leaves, rocks and trees. I can hear her coming from a distance, my comforter, moving the waters and branches. Life sparkles with energy, the tress say welcome back home, and I am embraced by the wind. All is good and right.

This is the place deep inside where art comes from, where spirit touches us.

Ripples in the Pond is listed here
for sale online at 1000 markets


The 20" x 13" image
is framed in black to a 28 1/2" x 22" piece.
by Robin Maria Pedrero


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Karen McLain said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thank you Karen!

Manon Doyle said...

So, so lovely Robin! Thanks for sharing your sacred place!

r garriott said...

Wonderful colors, sets a very lovely melancholy mood.