Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Key to Perfect Thoughts



My rendition is the "Key to Pearfect Thoughts" An 8" x 8" acrylic painting on linen is new and listed here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25319940
Years ago I belonged to a Mother's Group and we studied a book by Anne Ortlund "Discipline's of the Beautiful Woman". One particular line from her book pops into my mind at least once a week, "It's all between your ears". What we dwell on and how we think of things has much to do with our attitude and choices in life. And changing our negative thoughts is a key to changing in a more positive direction. The cup, bird, pear, and key are symbols I use for thoughts, spirit, nourishment, decisions, clarification, contemplation and more. Perhaps you've something to add to my list....
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Christy DeKoning said...

I love it - the pear is so well placed, and the colors are very harmonious.

Manon Doyle said...

A perfect title to a perfect painting. You are so right about changing negative attitudes! Love the post!

Marionette said...

Robin,
What a wonderful article! Thank you for mentioning that I invited you to VAST! You are such an active member always supporting other artists with your advice and ideas. I hope some day we can meet in person!!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

phyl said...

I read that same book YEARS ago! Sorry to say i don't remember the phrase, but I agree with it. Your new painting is beautiful. Love the layering and colors.