Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Seven Acrylic paintings by Robin Maria Pedrero


My facebook friends were the first to preview my recent works created in acrylic, shown here in a small group above. Here is the link to that photo album. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=75320&id=634085269&l=32adc6d84f I shared on twitter recently how I am experiencing a bit of ambiguity; I am elated over the new works and loving the new medium and style yet feel both a little melancholy and also satisfied that my focus on skyscapes in pastel has lessened. I use many symbols like birds, landscape elements, cups, table settings, keys, natural elements, and fruits and vegetables in my current body of work. I have always been drawn to translucent layering and the medium of acrylic lends itself to this technique quite well. I take joy in pulling the colors of the landscape and sky into the works then building on that foundation. If you click on the above image you should see a large view of the wall. Thanks for sharing in my visual journey!

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse said...

I could stare at those paintings all day!! Excellent work!!
Isn't it great to change mediums though and just go with what you feel inspired to do?!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my gosh robin!

these are amazing! you can do anything!

wow!

Watercolorist said...

I love your use of color and I like the abstract and semi abstract subjects. Being on an abstract kick right now, I find your work very interesting. I also love your landscapes. The colors you choose always make them stand out as something different. That's a good thing, as Mather Stewart would say.
Jean