Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Team Player

There is another something wonderful about social network media aka web 2.o in the pile of benefits from participating. There are groups where you can be part of a team who are like minded, support and promote one another. I was first invited to the VAST team by lovely Kauai Artist Marionette, see just how lovely she and her artwork are on her blog http://kauai-artist.blogspot.com/ and her Etsy shop. The Visual Artist Street Team also has a blog VAST GALLERY. I began to learn lots of juicy business tactics from this team, and participate in promoting them through treasuries on Etsy.

I believe if you want to be successful do what successful people are doing. In VAST I saw many models of success, who also share how they are doing it. Artists like Kristen Stein, Karen Faulkner, and Diane Clancy (who I bought my first Etsy piece from) and truly so many more members with a list too long to include who are inspirational and giving of their craft and business skills.

On twitter there are multiple posts about UWIB and I recognized the name from VAST member treasuries. Unique Women in Business is a powerhouse! Each of these groups has rules and an interesting aspect of UWIB is that you must buy something from a member each month. At first I hesitated thinking oh gosh what did I do, I have to buy something EACH month. I just joined and already have 3 fabulous purchases! Look what I bought from Erin, Julia, and Tracy!





The above piece is an art pendant listed in my Etsy shop, you will notice the little UWIB logo in the listing http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25241502
One can even join UWIB as a shopper and enjoy the benefits of the discounts. If you join please list that I referred you.
More on being a Team Player, with DSG in another post....

12 comments:

Mystic Silks http:mysticsilks.etsy.com said...

Very nice blog!

Unique Women In Business said...

Very Nice blog post Robin!!! Great purchases!
Erin keys
www.erinkeys.etsy.com

Karen Terry, Artist/Designer said...

Very nice blog! I love UWIB. Those were some great purchases. I find myself with several purchases every month, too. LOL!

FashionTouch said...

Very nice blog and thank you for supporting our group! I am so proud to be a member among these very talented ladies! And your pics are so beautiful!!!

Elena
http://fashiontouch.etsy.com

Maria-Thérèse said...

I should probably look into Etsy teams too, or other groups. I just haven't given it much thought - I'm not really a group person but I hear they're good for you :-D

♥ maria-thérèse www.afiori.com

A Painting a Day by Kristen Stein said...

Thank you Robin for the kind words. I have learned so much from you as well! It's been great fun meeting you and sharing our art challenges and successes.

Best of luck always!

kristen

david mcmahon said...

Team players are of greatest value in any aspect of life.

gaffergirls.com said...

nice post Robin..
out visiting tonight..
have a agreat week
mona & the girls

J n J Designs said...

Robin you are a Powerhouse!! Thank you for taking the time to post your blog and include me and UWIB!!! I am so thankful for finding UWIB! It is truely a wonderful group!!

Hugs
Julia

www.jnjdesigns.etsy.com

Jordanka Yaretz said...

This is a very good and supportive group and I am proud to be a part of it. Thank you Robin for this great post.

Diane Clancy said...

Hi Robin,

This is some great info here!! I guess I should check out Unique Women in Business - it sounds interesting!!

Thanks so much for mentioning me and I LOVE that you bought from me first!!

www.DianeClancy.etsy.comThanks so much!
~ Diane Clancy

TreasuresFromHawaii said...

such a wonderful, informative and thoughtful post Robin! I have taken an art class from Marionette(kauaiartist) and she is one of my favorites...Thanks for taking the time to promote VAST and also for the information on UWIB - very interesting...Keep up the beautiful work and God bless! Dava