Monday, June 29, 2009

Return to the studio

Prior to leaving for Connecticut I did something I'd not done before to enable my family to continue to ship my art in my absence. I laid out a table with prints, ACEO's, cards, and postcards. I lined envelopes with board for all of my ACEO's. On one wall I hung all of my new acrylic square pieces listed in my Etsy and 1000 market shops. I created sturdy mat board portfolios with spacers for the original pastels, labeled them and placed postcards on the front, creating a lovely sturdy presentation for shipping. I prepared bubble wrap, and shipping boxes for my products. I am pleased that the shipping prep will help me to send my work in a snap! I sold several pieces while away, including a very exciting sale of 2 pieces purchased for Sony Pictures film the "Roommate". This is a note from the purchaser

Our movie is a Screen Gems production being shot at Sony Pictures Studios. It's
starring Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl, Minka Kelly from Friday
Night Lights, and Cam Gigandet from Twilight. It is about two girls who
move in together and one (Leighton's character) becomes obsessed with the other
(Minka's character).
It's a fun little thriller. :) We would be using your art in the character
Irene's apartment, which is where the final dramatic fight occurs, so it's a
good place to be.

Above is a featured ACEO



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Maria-Thérèse said...

HOLY CRAP! Our art is going to be in the same movie! What are the odds?!?!?!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

OMGOSH!!!! too cool!!! My friend Kristen Stein has work in the movie too!

Manon Doyle said...

That is so cool Robin!!! Congrats!! Wow! Can't wait to see it!

Charlene Brown said...

I'm pretty sure I've never gone to a movie for the fight scene before, but will make a point of seeing this.

TERI REES WANG said...

You are so 'Fab' !

Darlin'...your success is our success, so just keep it coming!
Well played. ;P

kimberanna_com said...

I knew you deserved to be on the BIG screen since your work is such a BIG SUCCESS!