Sunday, July 05, 2009

Landfill Art Project by Robin Maria Pedrero


Ken Marquis, is the founder of the Landfillart Project .

The 1,041 pieces of rusted metal are actually old automobile hub caps from the
1930’s through the 1970’s. Each hub cap, after being cleaned and primed,
is affectionately called a “metal canvas.” Although most “metal canvases”
have been transformed by the artist using oil or acrylic paint, some have been
weaved on, glued or screwed or welded to, or made into fine sculpture.

Above is my metal canvas created using acrylics, some charcoal, colored pencil, and india ink with a clear coat to protect the work.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Funky Art Queen said...

Wow, I really like this. I'm always seeing hubcaps on the road and I think, I could do something with that. Just too scared to stop and pick it up lest I get ran over! Heehee

Diana Marshall said...

What an original idea, never would have thought of that,cool!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

That's really pretty! I Love seeing the creative ideas people come up with for using old objects :D

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Ronnie said...

GREAT!