Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cloudy Beach Day


I've always had an affinity towards the pastel piece shown above. It is fabricated from my memories of the beach where the sky, water and land meet and the waves sing nourishment to my soul.
Instead of winding down in the HOT summer month of August I am putting it in gear. It being producing art, entering shows, reconnecting with galleries, marketing and preparing for the H word we see creeping out....that is if you get mail or go to stores...Holidays. I am an artist, and as a producer of things and small business owner I would like to have some special pieces to celebrate the season. Some originals and then make greeting cards and gift items from the images. Like these adorable PUFFINS http://www.cafepress.com/puffinchristmas
I have been inspired by yet another song and today made a charcoal sketch to begin with my muse.
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Sharon Crute said...

Kudos for really working it gal. Your persistent energy at marketing and promoting your beautiful artwork is commendable.

Love, love, love the Puffins!

Manon Doyle said...

I just love this piece Robin! You're amazing!!

masmoulin said...

Very beautiful atmosphere. I love

Poetic Artist said...

My you are really working..I need to get some of your motivation.
Thanks for inspiring.
Katelen

Dee said...

You go girl...love the painting and your tenacity to push through August. I have a big show coming up next month and I need to get on the stick myself.

gallery318 said...

Very pretty Robin. The blues in this piece give it a very serene feeling. :)