Thursday, August 06, 2009

"Dare to be Happy"

I titled this after a line in a song I listen to, which if you are a regular here at my blog "Pocketful of Colors" you might recall how my musical mantra is an integral part of my making of art. Carolyn Arends has an album called Seize the Day with a song titled "Happy". Lyrics here
The piece above was created on canson mi-tientes using soft pastel. The hand torn deckled edges are intentional and are a signature style for me. I like the exposed natural earthy pigments of the pastel on the paper edges which suggests a hint of antiquities like ancient scrolls. Once finished with framing and under glass the deckled edge is so stunning.

In my dare to be happy I send a request out in seeking exhibitions and sales opportunities for the work that I do. Thanks for your encouragement and any leads you can share in helping me reach my goals.

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

DawnCorrespondence said...

I love this! I especially love the edging, I think it adds a lot to the piece! Great work, as usual, Robin!

Poetic Artist said...

This piece is beautiful. The color is Wonderful.
Katelen

True Religion Jeans said...

Perfect combinations..

Dee said...

this is beautiful Robin, and very different...you always awe me with your work!

Manon Doyle said...

Beautiful piece Robin! Wow! i must say that the deckled edge is fantastic!

Vicki said...

I love this Robin. One of these days I'll have enough pennies saved up to buy something of yours and this just might be the piece! :) The thing you do with color really moves me.

sim only deals said...

love to be a compilations of both