Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Influences and Inspirations

The figure in my acrylic "Her Path" is inspired by Keith Theriot's "Graces" series. I studied a sculpture for the image, while my mind recalled his work. At one of his shows at the Gallery at Avalon Island in Orlando a few months ago, he came up to me and shared that he was inspired by my palette of red and blue and he planned to do some works of art using that inspiration.


"Bloody Bleu and Chiquita were initially where I had the "Robin Pedrero"inspiration, but used it again when I did the Orphean Graces (blue). Thank you for that!" Keith Theriot












The influences and inspirations that overflow from one artist to another is historical. Presently I am reading "Everybody Who Was Anybody A Biography of Gertrude Stein" by Janet Hobhouse where repeatedly in the lives of the artists and authors, are philosophies, observations, processes, and creations spurred on or implemented by one another. This story holds true from the preveious biography of "deKooning" as well. (Those two reads are from Alyson Stanfield's Twitter Book Club) Years ago I read a book about Picasso where he described one aspect of being an artist which has always stayed with me, as he discussed that all artists are but thieves. I prefer a slightly more diplomatic choice of words like inspired and influenced rather than thief, though the later does have the visual of an enticing cunning fox who steals away with a treasure. I cherish the overflow of creative muses from music, theater, visual art, and the natural muse of creation. Thank you Keith, it has been a pleasure sharing mutual muses.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks Robin! You are an inspiration to us all!

Caio Fernandes said...

Robin your work is wonderful .
thanks for this .