Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sweet Shrooms n Onion and a bite of Color

"Sweet Shrooms and Onions" mixed media by Robin Maria Pedrero

available in my Etsy Shop and 1000 markets


I might pull a color wheel out during a class to solve students' problems in their work but I don't take out a color wheel while creating my art; I use my instincts. I remember making a color wheel for David Belval's class at St. Bernards. (now that goes way back!) Tedious but I rather enjoyed it, especially when I visited the National Gallery of Art and saw panels that were evidently a monster sized color wheel. I use color to create emotive works of art, yet it peaked my interest to look at my work and apply this content from a recent newsletter by The Feng Shui Institute of America;


It is a scientific fact that human response to color is strong and
instant. Color can change our moods, increase our productivity, make us
happy and calm our psyche. Here are a few tips to consider: 1. Dark
saturation of any color affects us on the physical level.2. Medium saturation of
a color affects us on the emotional level.3. Light saturation of a color affects
us on an intellectual level.


I believe color strongly affects our moods. When I look at the three tips and subjectively study some of my pieces I come away feeling good about communicating on physical, emotional and intellectual levels.



Art; it speaks to you mind, body and spirit!



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Hi Robin,
The painting is fabulous!
I especially love this post! I so agree with you. I have a color wheel but never use it... I go with what I feel.

Poetic Artist said...

Robin,
I love the painting.
The post is so true..Color affect our moods. Also our moods affect our colors when painting.

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

wow, is this watercolor? or fluid acrylic? I love the purple and I love the way the colors are bleeding and blending!

Peggi Habets said...

Hi Robin,
Your work continues to amaze me with your ability to maintain a look that says "this is Robin's painting" but yet is continually exciting and experimental. Very nice paintings.

Carla J Schuchman said...

Robin, I honestly don't know how you keep up with everything. Love this painting and your insight on color. I keep a color wheel near me at all times when I am painting. It's great to refer to. And you are so right about color affecting our moods.
God Bless You!
Carla

twistedangel said...

The unfinished effect and the intense washes of color and the black bird on the side make for an emotionally moving and definitely uniquely creative way of doing what could have been a typical still life! Gorgeous piece of art. And I do agree with you on the importance of color in our lives which we often bypass.For me, a life without color is like a body devoid of a soul.