Wednesday, September 09, 2009

what does a chair, a nude, a snowflake and a dragonfly have in common?







They are all new art I created using acrylics and india ink and are listed for sale in my Etsy Shop.
These are fun pieces! I just can't seem to choose a favorite, how about you?
These are created on 8" x 8" canvases which you saw gessoed in a previous post, then I use a resist and layer paint, splatter, form images, use some india ink and repeat the process till I am content with the art image.
The top is titled "Feathers and Dragonfly" both which are in my studio, a dried dragonfly and peacock, and other feathers in vases. The nude with shoe and flowers is fittingly titled "Her Path". Ok simple and to the point "The Chair". What I did not notice till I posted it was how the back of the chair forms sort of a heart and is red behind it!
And the final piece is "Hot Snowflake" named after a friend's name on twitter who come to find out has a clothing line coming out called Hot Snowflake, I love it! Jenny also sells Organo Gold Coffee...what else would you expect from a Hot Snowflake! ;-)

Bookmark and Share



9 comments:

Dirt. said...

i'm having a hard time picking a favorite as well, robin... they're all fantastic! and i hadn't noticed the heart that the back of the chair makes either, but now that i do it seems a bit deeper than it did before... great job!

xoxo

Caio Fernandes said...

worderfull work of colors !!
seens to be so expontaneous !!

A Painting a Day by Kristen Stein said...

Fun Robin! I love the blocking that you used! My favorite is the dragonfly. Love the color choices too!

kristen

Sara at Soap Rehab said...

Beautiful pieces!! I especially like Hot Snowflake...something about it really calls out to me. I find snowflakes romantic :)

Design Knit Fun said...

Great pieces! I agree hard to pick a fave - although I am between the dragonfly and the snowflake and lve how different moods resonate with different pieces when looking at them.

Mary said...

Wow! It has definitely been too long since I last visited your blog. Catching up has been a glorious feast of color and creative form. Thank you for the joy and depth you share in your work, Robin.

Paper Squid said...

I'm really enjoying these pieces. So beautiful, colorful and full of movement! They are all great...and am really enjoying Hot Snowflake & Feathers & dragonfly.

Paper Squid said...

I am really enjoying these pieces. So beautiful, colorful & full of movement!

Gold Crest Bags said...

I love the colors and the movement in the background. Hard to pick a favorite.