Thursday, October 22, 2009

A New Moon

Moon is a familiar piece for those who have followed me since last year. And so you know of my personal derailments, heartbreaks and successes which I also shared recently in the radio interview which Katie Ball did with me on 89.9 FM UCF. So I am back to Moon. The weather no longer an excuse, it is cool enough to use oils in open air. To move forward with that something that I know, that only the artist knows is unfinished, that vision in my mind.
Random tweets that I applied to my day:
@RobertMonteux: Procrastination is only a symptom of the problem. The problem is FEAR. What are you afraid of? Why?
@LollyDaskal: I blend with the wind. I glide with the current. I do not resist- I remain myself.
@brenda5316: "Fix ur eyes forward on what u can do, not back on what u cannot change." ~Tom Clancy
I felt exhausted moments after painting the emotive "unseen" aspects "Of things seen and left unseen". Her story, my story, a universal times less story culminating in this work of art.


Once again I will look upon it with fresh eyes once the new work has set.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Nancy Medina said...

Robin, this is beyond amazing. You are so talented and it's been such a treat following you both on twitter and FB, getting to see your new stuff hot off the easel.
xoxxoxo

Robert Monteux said...

Robin, I continue to love your work. And I'm happy that I was able to provide a little bit of inspiration for you today.

Manon Doyle said...

Loved the post Robin!! Thank you for sharing with us!!
I deal with fear also but I've decided to turn myself over to my spirit guides and let them take over. : )
I agree with Nancy....your talent is amazing!!

Mersad said...

This is, again, some amazing work! Great job!

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

Beautiful piece. Glad you were inspired to work on it!

Aloha,
Lisabongzee

Angella Lister said...

I'm fairly new to your blog, so didn't know Moon. This is such beautiful work. You are so talented, and I love your colors.