Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Symbolic Snail


I received a note on a subject that I am often asked "I don't know how you do it, how do you do so much. Where do you get all of these ideas?"

The busier I am, it seems like vortex of ideas flow.
My notebook has more ideas than I'll ever be able to fully bring to fruition. One thing I do notice about the creative cycle is if I let the idea sit for too long the spark fades and it's time can pass. So I act quickly. And not every piece is perfection, some works are learning experiences.

This morning on twitter J.Sewell Perkins of SCI Coach posted

“By perseverance the snail reached the ark.” - Charles
H. Spurgeon.

She is a Life and Business Development Coach; Author, Speaker and founder of Success Coaches Institute; Former Head Coach w/Robbins organization. I retweeted as I use the snail as a symbol in my artwork. It is one of my icons. You can spot them large and minuscule in my artwork over the course of years. As a mom who is also a focused artist, I could relate to the perseverance it takes however slowly making my way. She continued to respond saying "It gives new meaning to perseverance...doesn't it?" A meaning though perhaps I did not verbalize but in my symbolic language found my own truth.

Bookmark and Share


No comments: