Friday, November 20, 2009

Florida International Magazine Art and Design Issue lists Robin Maria Pedrero


I am excited to be featured in Florida International Magazine's Art and Design issue in Omar Sommereyns' Florida Artist Showcase and in the FIM's Hall of Fame. The feature includes emerging and established artists.

FIM REACHES an upscale, educated and well-traveled consumer, showcasing
only the highest quality editorial content and advertisers. The state of Florida
plays an integral role in the global economy, boasting over 800 million
consumers.

I am on p.68. You can browse this month's issue page by page here http://www.floridainternationalmag.com/index-content.html
My friend Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson told me about the magazine request. They asked for a studio shot, (the one above was sent) a head shot, bio and a piece of work to be submitted in consideration for this issue. I was told hundreds of artists sent in materials. I found out I was in the magazine last night at 3rd Thursday at the City Arts Factory at Consuelo's exhibit when Donna Dowless exclaimed "THE famous Robin Maria Pedrero!" I just smiled and she congratulated me, then inquired "You don't know?" Then she told me and friends Keith Theriot, Dawn, Cheryl, Dianne and Brianna about the feature. I'll never forget this!

Bookmark and Share

15 comments:

Aquarian Bath said...

Congratulations Robin!

Vicki Holdwick said...

Congratulations, Robin.

Nice pic, by the way!

xoxo

Manon Doyle said...

This is wonderful Robin!! You definitely deserve it!! Congrats!!

A Painting a Day by Kristen Stein said...

That's fantastic. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. I'm thrilled for you. I'm surprised that the magazine didn't contact you as well! But, that makes the 'reveal' even more exciting.

Great job Robin!!

kristen

masmoulin said...

Bravo !!!

capecodjewel said...

Very cool! Congrats, Robin. :)
I hope it brings you wonderful things. :)

Paper Squid said...

Congratulations Robin! I just looked through the magazine online and of course the page you're on and what a great publication to be featured in.
Wonderful job and so very well deserved!

Kelly said...

Congrats Robin! That is fantastic!

WonderfulWire said...

How exciting and wonderful for you!! Congratulations!!

Jacquie said...

That's fantastic - you obviously must be thrilled!
And the painting that is shown is really beautiful.

Jacquelyn
(a fellow VAST group member

ArtSnark said...

A Hearty congrats! They have excellent taste

Kathy said...

What an honor!!

Poetic Artist said...

Congratulations Robin.

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Congrats, this is well deserved and I am very
proud of you! I am also glad you submitted at the last minute! You see, you just never know, never pass up the opportunity. This is what sets you ahead of the rest.

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Brava Robin! ..and great photo