Sunday, December 06, 2009

En Plein Air


Last week, for class, we created artwork out by my neighborhood lake. Pastels outside on location, en plein air. En plein air is a French expression which means "in the open air", particularly to describe the act of painting outdoors. There are plein air groups, competitions and meet ups if one likes to participate. My easel is set up to the right of this student. I worked on Wallis paper from a roll given to me by Nancy Moskovitz. Perfect weather, not too hot, not too cold, a little breeze off the lake, with several onlookers who stopped to relish in what we were doing. It was refreshing to work outdoors all day.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Oui!! C'est tres beau! It's very nice!! I'd love to do this kind of painting!! Lucky girl!

Poetic Artist said...

The weather looks perfect and I know the painting will be perfect also.

ArtSnark said...

lovely scene

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Hi Robin
Thanks for the shout out...a lovely surprise over my Irish Breakfast Tea this morn. That's a gorgeous sky in the photo; can't wait to see your interpretation.