Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Layers


I still enjoy faces...as a portrait artist for over 25 years ..ah wow .. that made me pause...
moving on...I am excited to play with my technique of translucent layering on faces. The fun 8" x 8" square above just might be exhibited at the next opening at Neu America Gallery, City Arts Factory, Third Thursday.... As I develop in my own distinctive style, compare the colorful translucent layers to the more realistic contemporary piece "In Between Dreams" one of my first acrylic portraits, from Chalk Paper Scissors 2007. (both pieces are available for purchase)


Thanks for joining me on my visual journey!



Bookmark and Share


6 comments:

ArtSnark said...

cool pieces. Great eyes

Johnnie Belinda said...

Amazing portraits

Johnnie Belinda said...

Amazing portraits.

Charlene Brown said...

What a spectacular shift in technique! Both paintings are beautifully done, but of course I prefer the more recent portrait, a lovely little example of the dramatic style that originally attracted me to your blog.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

These are amazing, I like both styles, but I think the layering technique is more interesting to look at!

Vicki said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them both but I have to say the top one is my most favorite. But I'm a collage kind of gal. :) Your art is incredible Robin!! Keep going!