Monday, January 18, 2010

Love and Heartbreak

Blue Love, Saving the Heart and Stole My Heart are significant pieces which mark times of love and heartbreak. I have created Fine Art Valentine's via reproducing these images as ACEO's. They are available in my etsy shop.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38806950

The larger image shown is Blue Love and for the first time ever available in 8 x 11 giclee prints.
The lovely girl who was modeling for me was deeply saddened by a breakup, as she lifted the sheet it formed a broken heart and I captured that moment.

There's more....many many years ago at my very first slide review in front of 300 - 500 people when my 3 slides were reviewed by Stephen Doherty editor of American Artist, he saw this piece and called my work morbid, and furthermore said he did not know why anyone would ever want to make a piece of art like that. Today I can smile at it, back then it was soul wrenching, yet it did not waver me or viewers from falling deeply for Blue Love. And I suppose I was ahead of the times, now with Avatar and all!
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

ArtSnark said...

lovely pieces

Rita said...

Lovely...

Brenda said...

Wonderful work..as always!

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

well I guess that guy that criticized your painting can eat crow now! People never cease to amaze me at the stupid things that come out of their mouths.

I think it is beautiful.

Quirky said...

What an idiot he was! All types of feelings inspire art.
I think it is wonderful!

Design Knit Fun said...

beautiful

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Beautiful as always, and I love how the story adds an extra layer to how I see it! Bravo for you!

Christy said...

It just goes to show that art can be perceived differently by each persons eye. Perhaps he was a bit jealous of your bravery at painting such emotion? This piece is beautiful to my eyes!

Medina said...

Morbid, no. Deeply passionate, YES!