Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blackbird and Berries New Spring Work




"Blackbird and Berries"
Acrylic and india ink 8x8" (original sold)
Today I placed bird feeders in my yard,
testing a new one that is made to keep squirrels

from devouring all of the food. I heard the crows

cawing as they roosted in the tops of a few trees.

Edgar Allen Poe. The Birds. Indian Totems.
 Crows and blackbirds have a history of being the muse,
the legends, wise or mischievous,
they evoke a curiosity.



Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Cindy Davis said...

I love to watch this artwork flowing out of you Robin! The work is beautiful. You have your own, unmistakable style! keep it up. One day soon, I am going to purchase an original Robin Pedrero for own collection!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Great color! :)

~Kim

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love the color and contrast. Very creative!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the depth of color! Very nicely done!

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

I love this piece. I guess I just love the contrast of colors. Of course blackbirds are always intriguing.