Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Flat and Upright



I work on acrylics flat on tables and on my studio floor.
These are pieces after a few sessions of painting,
having dried I place them upright
to give myself a fresh perspective,
before I continue with more layers. I let the colors
 simmer and suddenly in my minds eye
new life forms.

Your art kind of changes as you get older, by nature of the fact that you're hopefully gaining wisdom and you're starting to watch things with a better overview. Sheryl Crow

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Hi, Robin. I love the description of your creative process. I call it "watching" my work or percolation. Your colors and layers are so lovely and interesting.

Kirsten said...

Hi Robin! Love the Sheryl Crow quote....so true. And you are so right about the fresh perspective. I hold my paintings up to a mirror just to get a different angle, or fresh perspective on what I have painted....