Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunshine Award


"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

Truth be told I have been lax in responding to some of the sweet blog rewards, so apologies to those who I've missed, and thank you for them. Thanks Leo and Junie for the Sunshine Award!
 So the house is clean, laundry almost done, yard mowed, pool.. still pollen falling in it, flowers are sprouting and the birds were singing so much I took an early walk with Max whose hair on his four little feet look slightly green colored by pollen afterwards.  On Sunday I ready myself for my week, a clean slate (house and studio) and I make my calendar and lists.

 My art making list is lengthy and that is a very good thing for an artist. I am glad. A little anxious but confident I will finish each project; new works for my solo show at Steinway Gallery in Altamonte Springs, which will go up the 3rd of May since they are painting the walls on the 1st, the chair for Pinkberry and Mustard Seed Fundraiser, and a handful of commissions, and work to send to Celebrations gallery. I am always amused at the non painters who say ahh if I could just paint all day, well hey it's great! I love it! It is also my career and like a job there are many responsibilities in addition to the painting. I enjoy almost every little bit (not fond on hanging a show) I might need a little help this month. I had help with databasing my art for a day last year and it made a big difference. I might take on an apprentice of sorts. I had an inquiry yet we've not found a perfect fit for schedules.

I am off to enjoy the sunshine on this awarding day!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: