Saturday, July 03, 2010

Peace, Love, Music and Fireworks

When I look at this painting Acoustic Cafe I feel like singing that song used in the Coca Cola commercial 
 "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.." by the New Seekers
Here's the video of the singers from way back when..it's always of interest to me how hairstyles,
and fashions although updated come around again and again.
I've been singing this song since I was a little kid.

Part of the story behind this painting was shared when I created the work,
 from a guitar eventually covered in the names of American soldiers in Iraq.

If you'd like a print I have offered them in my etsy shop


Thank you to all who keep us Safe and Free in America!
Cheers America!
Happy 4th of July!

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, Thank you for sharing this....I had totally forgotten this song. When my 31 yr old son was a baby, we got him a music box that played this because it had been one of my favorite songs. When he left home, his music box was one of the things he wouldn't leave behind.
Making art is so evocative....thank you again.
Susie
TheAntiquePalette.etsy.com

Campbell Jane said...

I love it! Happy 4th!
Blessings

Lrc said...

A great thing to remember...peace,love,music, and fireworks...and I used to listen to the Acoustic Cafe! They have some wonderful songs on there. Thanks for sharing this one.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

what is the acoustic cafe?