Saturday, July 24, 2010

Within Sight

 
 















Although started the same this one has a different feeling for me. From the very first layer I had a human element in there, that black spot in the distance is a person. Part of the reason it took me a bit to title this piece. There's a human element entering into the natural world. That's from the bird's perspective or if you are in the shoes of the human back there you see the bird..both within sight.

This original Within Sight is available in my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/52229829/within-sight
6 x 6 $60
FREE USA SHIPPING
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Superb!

Lrc said...

I like the feeling of it too, the bird is peering out from behind the flowers in a tentative way...cool shadows too.

Porch Days said...

Very interesting. It took me moment to find the person in the background. I like the way the bird is tucked in behind the plants, as if he is shy.

Mary said...

This is a lovely piece, Robin--I like the layers (here and in some of your other recent work) and the way it gradually reveals itself to the viewer.