Friday, August 27, 2010

Entering my favorite season - autumn


My favorite season is almost here! I am so excited for fall. I began a series about four months ago and they have been in progress til now in my studio here near Orlando in Florida. I have layers of paint, acrylic products, oil pastel, charcoal and india ink on the piece featured above. This mixed media piece has 3 partners with a similar theme and color palette. These colors and this subject matter just make me feel all warm and cozy.
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

biju krishnan said...

nice painting

PoetessWug said...

Makes me feel that way too! Ahhh! Autumn. :-]

Jeanette [Maisy] House said...

i absolutely love it! i want to see the others in the series... hurry up and finish them! lol *cracks whip* :)

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Wow, I love these colors! Makes me think of my pumpkin spice Yankee Candle and our childhood in New England. Isn't it amazing how an image can evoke such feeling?

The Berlin piece is fantastic! I love that purple color, is that new to your palette?

Jeanette [Maisy] House said...

what's lovely is that even though it was inspired by autumn colours, the piece itself is timeless :)