Friday, August 20, 2010

Mariposa Commissioned Artwork

"Mariposa" 30 x 30" acrylic on canvas

This painting is for one of my lovely art collectors. It is a commission. She saw a piece she adored on facebook however that painting had recently sold. She asked me to create something with a similar theme using a butterfly and garden however with her colors. I love to do this!! I like the freedom to paint given selected subjects,  including some specific colors with full reign to create. I have posted several in progress photos on this blog and on my face book fan page sharing various steps in this painting. That is also another aspect I really enjoy; sharing the updates with my art collectors. The relationship is a joy, like a dance, to make my moves in paint and have a collaborative partner respond. My art collector is overjoyed with this piece!  I will be shipping it out next week. Several of you have complimented this work so I plan to make a reproduction available in my etsy shop to share the image. (Mariposa is butterfly in spanish)

 
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

purplecat said...

Lovely work, fabulous colours!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Here is the link for the print
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54360343/mariposa-butterfly-in-the-morning-light

PoetessWug said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!! I love color, butterflies, and especially FLOWERS!! This painting has everything! I'm sure she DOES love it! So do I!!! :-)

aquariann said...

Pretty painting!!

Kerri said...

This is stunning Robin!

One Woman's Thoughts said...

Cheerfully absorbing!

Norbridge Antiques said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful work of art. I love being among the butterflies and bees in my garden.