Monday, August 23, 2010

Where I go ..when I go there

Not every day is an ease in the studio. Perhaps some non artists are thinking of spilled paint or paper cuts. Yeah we have our hazards too. I am referring to the days when you are pushing ahead in your work and it resists or turns or just doesn't finish or fulfill. I had one of those days, an hour no biggie but a whole day 9 hours. So the next day I got up anew and left the uncooperative work and took one of my many unfinished pieces I keep in progress on the walls or leaned along the sides of my walls,in this case the above piece, and went  via paint to where I needed to go. This is my sacred space. I painted and then my world was right and good again.Is this what "they" call art therapy. It's my life. I am an artist. This is what I do. I communicate in a visual language.
This piece is title Secret Solitary Bird. The original is 8 x 8" available for you to have via purchase in my etsy shop with FREE SHIPPING. http://www.etsy.com/listing/54485355/secret-solitary-bird-in-a-landscape-with

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Sadia Hussain said...

Beautiful Robin! Gorgeous hues and with a result like this who needs another kind of therapy!

Lexi Sundell said...

Lovely work. The artists who never run into walls occasionally are just repainting the same formulaic work over and over and over. Good for you, to hit a wall and move forward anyway!

Graceful Moments said...

I absolutely love this piece...but you already know that since I featured it in my Monday Favorites post! It was nice reading about how it came into being! Thanks for dropping by and for following my blog. I am now a follower of yours and know I will enjoy stopping by to see what's new!

brenda said...

beautiful piece robin! it's seems more meaningful that you created it after pushing through some walls & resistance. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who can feel like a whole day is wasted when things don't quite fall into place!