Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Making a Colorful Life

 
I like to live and paint a colorful world. I like my space to be contemporary and whimsical! As a child every night the jungle came to life in my room. There were 2 giraffes and 2 elephants which during the day were the windows and curtains. Now I have a giraffe in all it's whimsy! Speaking of childhood, at this time of year I remember the trick or treat bag of candy, all my favorites back in the 70's Krackle, York Peppermint Pattie, Bit O ' Honey, Almond Joy, oh and those gooey peanut butter chewy taffies. Yet the best was getting dressed up and taking on a persona! Those characters we play within our minds becoming reality. Halloween was my favorite time of year because I could be real while the world was pretending.

 To stimulate creativity, one must develop the childlike inclination for play. (Albert Einstein)
  I have been asked many times,  we purchased this giraffe at Go Fish in St Augustine FL.
I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek at art in progress...
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Allison Reece said...

Robin,
Your art studio sounds so delightful. I agree with you, you must bring out what touches the inner child in all of us to spark creativity...since that's where it all began. And yes, we are all born with the gift of creativity.
Love to see more pics of your studio sometime?
Allison Reece (artist)
NC
http://allisonreeceoriginals.blogspot.com/

Alison Jardine said...

Great to see your work in creation - these pieces are very lovely, especially the shades and tones you use.

Seedplanter Designs said...

Robin, I am so drawn to your work, after seeing it on Facebook. I had to follow your Info link to this blog. So glad I did! It's great to see a photo of the artist at work.

You have such a gift. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.