Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nude study on Blue

This small nude study on blue is from an open model session. In response to an inquiry these (I showed some here last week) are $50 each. I haven't posted them on a site for sale. If interested just send me a message and we will work out the details.  I will tell you a secret... I was rushing to get to the live model session and just started pulling some pastel papers that had color on them. This was...you might have guessed it..a landscape..tilt your head to the right see the big sky and land... I have done this frequently and rather enjoy using a landscape scene for another subject. This technique like many of mine sprung from necessity, being thrifty or a better word..being green and recycling. I translated this technique over to my acrylics, hence the intentional lines you see were birthed in this process.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

beautiful. I totally wouldn't have noticed the landscape in the back unless you mentioned it. very clever!

Simon Rudd said...

i agree its lovely - i didnt notice the landscape either i thought it was a wall :D lovely picture!