Saturday, November 06, 2010

Art for the Moss Norway Public Library


Artist David Sandum asked me in a tweet if I'd like to join his charity project to help the Moss Public Library in Norway. I'd become a fan of David's artwork, attracted to the emotive lines moving throughout his landscapes. He'd already gained my trust as an artist friend via social networking so I checked the timeline, size requirements and materials and didn't hesitate to join his worthy cause in fundraising to buy books for the library. The title "140 Characters" is representative of the amount of characters in a tweet and the amount of artists in the exhibit. More details on how the event came about are here in this post  http://davidsandumart.posterous.com/call-for-artists-twitter-art-exhibit-in-moss Above is the piece I created for "140 Characters" which opens December 1, 2010 in Moss Norway. You know how I love maps!


 
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

It's a beautiful piece!! :-)

Seedplanter Designs said...

So nice that you jumped at the opportunity to help buy books for a local library. I grew up in love with the library and my best friend's momma was the Librarian. I can still smell the children's room - that mix of musty sweetness, and all those rows of books!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

I grew up going to the library often, spending summer camps making arts and crafts too. We had a cave with glowing eyes. I still love children's books to this day.

Renee said...

Beautiful piece Robin. I have also posted off my contribution. I would love to be able to visit Moss and see what I am sure will be a stunning wall of art!