Saturday, November 20, 2010

Going Gray

You know I love color. Did you know I have a real love for black white and red together. I also like gray. Not in my hair though, I 'll keep that red for now. I decided it's time to change my palette a bit and make a series in some cozy neutral tones. Above is a 24" x 24" painting in progress. The left side shows a branch with leaves where I have removed the resist. The right side is white on gray paint. Below are more canvases in the stage after having been gessoed (as shown in the previous post) and are now painted a solid color. Don't they look like big paint chips.

I haven't shown you yet but there's ferns, and other flora and fauna growing in these pieces now. I look forward to showing you how these develop.

AND for the Holidays I have stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, art, prints and more..
 in galleries and museum gift shops.


pssst....from November 20, 2010 - December 6, 2010 buy 2 get one complimentary print or item of equal value in my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/RobinMariaPedrero
How does it work? You purchase the 2, then send me a message as to which 3rd item you would like. I can ship to multiple locations and I offer complimentary gift wrapping by request just to make your holiday season a little simpler and sweeter for your gift giving.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Valerie's Essentials said...

Very Nice!

Valerie's Candles on Etsy

PoetessWug said...

I love the blues in this new painting. Very nice!! Can't wait to see what the others turn out to be!