Monday, November 08, 2010

Good Vibes for Cherie

"Good Vibes" by Robin Maria Pedrero 12" x 12" acrylic
 
Last week I contacted my sponsors in regard to refunding the money they had given intended for the Orlando/Berlin exhibit which I have declined to participate in. I am very pleased to share that all of the sponsors have decided to receive artwork instead of a refund. My friend and sponsor Elizabeth had a special request.  "Good Vibes" was created specifically for  Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson's hospitalized friend Cherie.  I began the painting intending for it to be uplifting and healing. The yellow and light blue were the first colors I placed on the canvas. Elizabeth asked for an autumn scene, so I went in with lots of reds and oranges which I later toned down with washes of siennas and blues. The leaves are falling and foliage colors begin to soften. The white bird flies above the ascending flowers and plants, representing our spirit rising above all things. I wish this to be a piece for Cherie to gaze upon and feel a sense of being uplifted as she learns to deal with her adapted limitations. 
"Good Vibes" is available to purchase as a print in any size,  on a mug, or set of notecards.
 
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

This painting certainly gives off *good vibes*!! I adore all your work, Robin!!

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

I am thrilled with how it came out! I know Cherie will really appreciate this piece and love it. I am so glad that you were able to do it for her. It's beautiful! Thank you so much.

I am still asking artists to make and send cards for Cherie, if any of your readers are interested, have them check my blog. Much thanks.

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

Robin this is awesome! I know I just keep saying it, but you really are a wizard with color.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thanks Manon!!
The feeling is mutual.

I am so glad you think Cherie will love this piece Elizabeth.

Jaime, Thank you - I learned to paint at age 13 from a colorist..it has carried into my work all these years

PussDaddy said...

Beautiful!

PussDaddy