Sunday, January 09, 2011

Capturing a Voice


I enjoy to create works of art for people. Often a work of art has a special story, or depicts a personal relationship. I am honored to have created this piece "Blackbird Singing" for Suzanne. Her vivid description of her vision enabled me to capture it's essence.
"To me the blackbird has always been part of my survival. My childhood had some dark shadows which, though, were always lightened up by the singing from a treetop nearby.

"My" blackbird has this strength and the deep blues, that I love, both as an expression of a serenade filled with love, as well as the value of entertainment for a longing soul.
Robin has clearly with her painting caught the soul of the blackbird and the soft colors promise the new dawn to be close and light."
Suzanne Randrup Nielsen Denmark
The original will ship to Denmark this week.When I first shared the image on facebook I called it "Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night," as that was part of the way we had discussed the painting, although the song has meaning to the work Suzanne's story is prominent and I revised the title.  I have found since sharing the original people are quite drawn to this image. Reproductions are available in my Etsy Shop.
Robin Maria Pedrero Etsy Shop
Thank you Suzanne!!
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

After receiving my amazing breathtaking Art with Heart book for Cherie Stannard, and enjoying it cover to cover, I want to stop by and thank the artists who contributed. Thank you.

deboraheileenburrow said...

Love it! Congrats :))

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Kat!!I am glad you did. I am so pleased to be a part of the book for Cherie. Very nice to meet you.

ANd Thanks Debs!!