Sunday, January 02, 2011

Commission in Progress

At the end of the post How a Commission Works I mentioned I'd share more. The 30" x 30" acrylic painting in that post is presently in the window at Gallery 17.92 in Winter Park Florida. My art collector loves it however desires a piece for a space that is much smaller, a 16" x 12". So I accepted the "challenge" to make her something similar but much smaller. I only accept these types of commissions as long as the piece is similar and not identical.
 I created two, shown here in progress, and when complete, my art collector can select her favorite. She asked for some personal touches, which I will add in for her. I typically do not share the work in progress with my art collector until it is in a more finished state (like the piece in the top photo).
Here's an early stage. It is very important to use high quality art supplies as a professional artist. Each of my originals comes with a Certificate of Authenticity stating that I only use the highest quality archival materials. 
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

deboraheileenburrow said...

I love it Robin!

PoetessWug said...

Looks very nice Robin. I'm sure she'll love it...or them! :-)