Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Red Butterfly and Wildflowers in progress

I have just a little more to go on this piece before it is finished. I will mostly focus on balancing and  blending the background of blue and gray. I spent my day, Cezanne the "father" of  painting and Edgar Allen Poe's Birthday (long live the Raven), painting a series of florals. It was a nice day, so I was able to work with the windows open, had veggie eggrolls poolside for lunch, then back to my canvases and paint.. Since I began working early, painting all day, the studio overflowed with wet canvases all the way out on to the screened in porch. It's evening now, and I pulled my work back inside under the light of the full moon.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

It's beautiful Robin! Love that red butterfly. :-)

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

What an amazing feeling it is to be creatively productive, I feel it. Keep making work, you continue to amaze me with your growth!

Isabel De Yzaguirre. said...

I love the way you live, Robin!