Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to my studio!


Welcome to my studio! Once upon a time my studio was in public spaces and now that it is private I find inquiring minds want to know... What does it look like? Can we see? I share peeks here and there with two room views today.  This month I added rearranging and organizing my studio to my goal list. I mulled it over in my head until this week when I woke up at 3 am (felt like 6),and I envisioned moving several pieces clockwise around the room and it clicked! So I worked moving and organizing through to 7 pm. Now I  have a shipping station, a cutting station, prints, supplies, and it all fits better in the space. I'd been setting up and moving things back each time I had to ship, database, teach or create, which was a big inconvenience and time thief. Only two days in and I am loving my "new" space!  I show one of two folding tables, which I slide around the middle of the room to suit my needs. Click on the pics to see close up ..note "dance floor" and other tags in the photos. And of course I have more canvases and art storing in closets ..and on my ever changing walls.


Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Terry Hope said...

I'm so surprised to see the actual size of your painting! It looks wonderful on the easel. Nice studio. Love the dance floor; you have to keep it lively in there!
--your cold Wisconsin artist friend, Terry

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

I absolutely love getting a peak at artists' work spaces. Yours looks very functional, spacious, with plenty of light.
It's nice that your desk is set up in-studio. That's what my studio is lacking: a desk! Currently, I move back and forth between our home office and my studio, and that needs to change.
And I like how you diagrammed your images with words.

Diane Ashmore said...

Love your studio. I am jealous. I am yet to acquire one and I hope it looks something like yours.

PoetessWug said...

It looks like a very relaxing and creative space! :-) Looks like a lot of pretty works in progress too!

Audrey said...

Very nice Robin!! I love the dance floor...LOL I can see you dancing while you paint!

Anonymous said...

thanks for this tips

Lrc said...

Lots of space here! I like how you have space to move the tables about in the center. I work in a clay studio with my mom and she is remodelling it and I am occasionally helping. It is great to see different arrangements...and I like that you dance in your space too! I like the naming of the objects too!

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

Ah! Don't you love it when that happens? I get so many good ideas in the middle of the night. I keep a notepad in the bathroom to write them down in. Your space is beautiful and your artwork looks great in there, just need a picture of you in there painting away!