Monday, March 14, 2011

Arrival

 
 "Arrival" has arrived! I have been working on this piece since November. I am very pleased with the final outcome. I had shared an image previously here on my blog when the background was a bit lavender. I just love using swirls and layers that move like wind or have depth like cotton or nests. The honeysuckle pink flower has a contemporary shape, not indicative of a specific flower. Although whimsical I feel like the background also carries a classic sense. Overall I like everything about this painting. Here is a view of it on the wall, to give a sense of size. It is 24" x 24" acrylic and india ink.


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

I really love the background color and the flower. Nice job!

PoetessWug said...

I love it!!

toemail said...

Awesome, just beautiful. And lot's of hard work that pays off.

Sheona Hamilton Grant said...

This piece has turned out super! Love the classic feel and all the rich colours :D