Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Swing, Bike, Blueberries and Picasso



“All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” - Pablo Picasso


In the initiative to be more healthy I have seen the aspect of play encouraged more and more. And for kids like me who love to ride bike and swing us adults can indulge our childlike spirits and play outside as well as inside the studio.

Opening up to being more childlike opens us to be more creative,
imaginative, innovative and joyous.

Why? Children engage in the senses, they play freely, with usually less inhibitions, and often don't even know if there is a creative rule they are breaking.

One of my most spiritual experiences as a child was while swinging with not a person or car in sight in the midst of nature, I'll never forget it. I also like to ride bike not race, but more of an exploratory excursion with lots of coasting downhill.

Remember making concoctions in the kitchen, mine often involved chocolate chip cookies, fluff, and peanut butter either refrigerated or put in the toaster oven. I am busy but I want to eat healthy. My most frequent meals are sliced veggies fixed in a multitude of ways. Here's what I recently tossed together.



Saute -fresh green beans, onion, green onion, red peppers,
orange peppers, sliced tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice
And Cajun seasoning, minced garlic
then Blueberries... and lastly add walnuts till warm.

yeah...notice too busy to take the stems off before cooking lol
 My Goal this year to be Creative and Healthy.
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

ritascreativenest said...

It's always good to remind ourselves to be more childlike!

PoetessWug said...

The paintings with the swing and bike are simple and beautiful!!...I'm not as inspired with the cooking mix. I have issues putting fruit and nuts in with my veggies. LOL I love them separately though!! :-) It's not about me though, is it?!

collage whirl said...

You can never be too creative or too healthy!!