Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome Maria Soto Robbins my first guest to Amalgamation!


Yes..my first guest. Yes I know Amalgamation doesn't open until May 19th at The Gallery at Avalon Island in Orlando Florida however I am excited to share my friend and wonderful artist Maria Soto Robbins is the first to respond to my proxy token invitation. Woohoo!! What fun it was to find this in my mail today!
And what a lovely piece! I must tell you more about Maria; She is a Cuban-American artist living in south Florida. Although mostly a self-taught artist she comes from a family of artists. She paints representational images with an impressionistic touch using oils. I am drawn to her work quite often. I married into a Cuban American family. In fact we were just in Miami again this past weekend enjoying not only the beach but the fabulous Cuban food and culture. Pictured below is a favorite of our whole family, Pastelito De Guayaba (guava pastry) and cafe con leche. Ohhh was this delish!!



 Maria paints scenes from her native Cuba, as well as scenes of south Florida. She truly captures the culture and flavor of sunny Florida and Cubano influences.
Click here to see her painting of Cafe Con Leche and Pastelito de Guava




Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Maria Soto Robbins said...

I'm honored to be the first proxy guest, Robin! Yea! Thanks for the lovely write up. I only wish I could attend in person and see your beautiful art first-hand.
{{{Hugs}}}

newmexicomtngirl.com said...

I forgot about this. I need to add to to my calendar I think. I just love this idea, especially when you talk about it on your blog, which has lots of followers and readers. (Good job there too). I need to get something out to you soon.
I really like that painting of Maria's too. I liked and recommended it too
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne
http://cheyannesexton.etsy.com

newmexicomtngirl.com said...

I forgot about this. I need to add to to my calendar I think. I just love this idea, especially when you talk about it on your blog, which has lots of followers and readers. (Good job there too). I need to get something out to you soon.
I really like that painting of Maria's too. I liked and recommended it too
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne
http://cheyannesexton.etsy.com

PoetessWug said...

What a beautiful painting! I love the colors. Thanks for sharing her work with us! :-)

WellspringCreations said...

I seem to have a real affinity to the work of artists named Maria! I can almost taste the pastry and coffee...in a settig of hibiscus!

Bella Linda Designs said...

What a great feature.

LOVE the hibiscus, especially tucked in just over my right ear.

Especially right in front of me while I'm drinking coffee and looking at the ocean.

WAIT there's no ocean in TN!

Chilly Paws said...

Wonderful post about Maria! The beauty of her art extends to her personality.