Monday, April 04, 2011

Looking on The Bright Side

I just finished placing wire on the back of this canvas, "Looking on the Bright Side" then placed it in a protective bag in preparation for delivery to the Maitland Art Center Friday morning. The "Culture and Cocktails" event will be the first exhibition for this 20" x 20" acrylic painting. I prepared more large pieces in the same manner. Tomorrow I will wire and finish edges on some small pieces. Friday will be a full day, delivering in the morning, installing, then the event itself is from 6 - 9 pm and then afterwards I take it all down. One of the cool aspects of the event is that there's also a band! "The Forefathers" who play ethereal music. The event is open to the public, $5 per person, includes a wine ticket. Here's a link to check it out
Culture and Cocktails and even RSVP

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Annette said...

Really am enjoying your work here and good luck at the show. Annette

PoetessWug said...

It sounds like a cool event. I like this piece too!

Janine said...

Robin, I didn't know you had a blog, I will bookmark it! Yes you do see more here. I like your blog can't wait to sail on my (slow boat)through it! Thanks for sharing!