Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trees

My most recent work on the easel is "Tree Bridge" a 24 x 24" acrylic.
The very first piece of art I sold when I was fifteen was an ink sketch of a crab apple tree. I remember Rose Baranowski purchased it from a gift shop where I had some matted pieces displayed. I grew up in Connecticut near a wooded pond, so from early on trees and wildlife filled my life and continue to fill my art, no matter where I am located.

"Wander Where the Wind Blows" is a favorite pastel of mine -
inspired by my journeys to places like Maui.
Trees fill my whimsical pieces.
Trees of no specific places..like Deja Vu.
and "Pink Poet"
The following is a little time bottle of trees through the years...
various styles and mediums
they have such personality!
"Fresh Sky"
"Creative Call"
"Misty Morn"
"Turning"
"Crisp Air"
"Glorious"
"Cranes Under Palm Tree"

"Two Trees"
"Palm Tree"
and although the last image here is tiny, taken before digital camera era, I still remember making the marks
and the pastels and paper I handled making this award winning piece. "I THINK that I shall never see. A poem lovely as a tree"- Kilmer

T R E E S


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

WellspringCreations said...

You have a complete body of work in just TREES! All so different; yet all amazing! Thanks for sharing these! -Judy

Maura Satchell aka Moesse said...

Lovely Robin! I didn't realize you were from Connecticut. I lived there in the Bristol/Thomaston area for several years too! Love your work, by the way.

Nancy's WildWire said...

I love your tree work! They speak to life & continuation. Very nice:)

Shelley Whiting said...

You art is very delicate and whimsical. I love the bright colors. They are so gorgeous.