Thursday, May 05, 2011

Pink Azaleas and Blue Bird

 Azaleas bloom in spring, and their flowers are open for a few weeks. There are many azalea bushes outside of homes, businesses and in parks in Florida. The Azalea Society of America shares that azaleas are called "the royalty of the garden". There are more than 10,000 different azalea plants, both species and hybrids, yet I just call them by color; pink, purple, white....The Royal Wedding included azaleas, rhododendron, wisteria, and lilacs in their special day. Aboutflowers.com shares meanings of flowers and azaleas symbolize abundance. I painted the blue bird from instinct, yet I discovered there is a similar Royal Blue Starling. I am painting in a whimsical style, not intending for the work to be representational, or photo realistic, but to capture an essence of the feeling mixed with design elements. The accompanying flowers are not indigenous to a similar area, or season. I just paint both real and imagined ones that I feel like painting.  Why all of this info? These are some of the things I think about, and research, before and sometimes after painting, and influences the artwork title.  So after all of that, the title I came up with is
"Royal Blue Bird and Pink Satin Robes"
12" x 12" acrylic on canvas


This is a local Orlando Park that I enjoy to visit while the azaleas are in bloom.
My inspiration.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love the way you mix your styles of images together, and always---the color---stunning!

PussDaddy said...

Very colorful. Pretty.

PD