Friday, July 01, 2011

Abundant Thanks

Reflecting on "Abundant Thanks" a new print in my Etsy Shop
I am one of those types of people who are nourished by creativity and productivity.  I have come to realize that there are many who share this similarity. I interact with them in both social media and the "real world". Actually both are very real worlds, the online relationships aren't virtual to me, they are substantial. As we all know one invests time in things and relationships that interest them. I enjoy meeting people and getting to know them via snm. In fact so much that I follow over 13000 people on twitter. Just this week my followers number hit over 12000. What fun! I was thrilled and how rightly so to have @imperfectwomen as my 12000th follower!  I had not known of their site until they followed me. I went to their website and blog ImperfectWomen.com , then I "liked" them on facebook. I think you'll like them too!   We are already chatting it up on twitter and now we are new friends!

I am filled with abundant thanks for all of these wonderful  flourishing relationships. I adore my UWIBs! (Unique Women in Business). I am having fun joining in on many of the Designers twitter chats too! Oh and Alyson Stanfield (Artbiz Coach) has a new book club going, where we are all reading Joan Mitchell: Lady Painter. I started it and love Patricia Albers style of writing!    

Last year I met Jenipher via an Etsy local group event. We met in person again when we both qualified for 2011 United Arts Grants. I needed an assistant and she is perfect! Our working together gives both of us time to share our talents and business. Here's a day when I shared a How To on my resist technique; Jen and her finished piece.
Her pieces are uplifting and fun!


Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Pattypie said...

I think it's one of the best things about social networking is meeting all these great women folk you would never ever had a chance to meet.

Love your artwork and I look forward to getting to know you!

Pam said...

We are so glad we met you also and love meeting new people too! Your work is very impressive. Thanks for following us back. We are looking forward to getting to know your better.

Pam from Imperfect Women

JennieIW said...

Wow, I ADORE that print! Thanks so much for mentioning Imperfect Women. I will have to check out your Etsy shop!

Ann@IW said...

I am an imperfect woman! We're THRILLED to be your 12,000th follower- we won a real honor. Our site promotes women-supporting-women (and the guys who back us up.) We hope to be a counter-balance to negativity and criticism many women suffer from because they are not "perfect."

Your print is beautiful. The colors are just lovely/. I am sharing this with my budding-artist daughters who will appreciate it too.

Thank you,
Ann@IW

Anya@IW said...

Just another imperfect women adding my thanks for your post. Looking forward to seeing more of your work! xo