Friday, July 22, 2011

Central Florida Arts and Nature Map on TDAT

Ta Da! I say that as I have been steadily encouraged to create this map by one of my dear twitter friends.
She shared the link to They Draw and Travel  who hosts this incredible unique map contest. I encourage you to take some time to explore the maps on the site. Oh and I would be delighted if you could leave a comment on my page there. Now back to my map here. Yes I know there are not any roads, but it is still a map with a sense of direction. I started sketching maps of my favorite places, Sedona, Spain, Maui..but I really have done a lot of tourist activities in those places and I thought I'd make a map with places I like here where I live.
Orlando Museum of Art - I went there today, I saw an interesting exhibit "Concordance" by Hasan Elahi and I delivered more of my artsy things for the gift shop .
Blue Bird Bake Shop .. I have had their cupcakes a few times in fact I went there for my Birthday Cupcake ...White chocolate, white frosting...divine.
Maitland Art Center is what I still call it but it has a new name Art and History Museums I have been visiting this place since I moved to Florida. I enjoy the gardens and sculptures in addition to the exhibits. My art is in the gift shop.
I haven't actually done this yet but I want to Paddle Board Orlando. I wonder if it goes by the
Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden ...I know when I took the Winter Park Boast Tour it went by the garden.
One of my Favorite NEW Restaurants is in downtown Orlando  The Rusty Spoon .
A few years ago I had an exhibit at Dandelion Communitea Cafe and I so enjoy their menu, in fact I have decided to cross promote with them on their new tumblers (if u get one you could win art by me)
City Arts Factory in the heart of downtown Orlando ....the beating heart of art
There's lots to do here in Central Florida with a few of my favorite art spots Gallery 1792, The Gallery at Avalon Island, Jeanine Taylor Folk Art Gallery , Museum of Florida Art,
gardens Leu Gardens and so many other art and nature spots in the vicinity of the ones mentioned. One day my good friend Holly took me on a little tour in her area and I added it to the map as I think you will enjoy it too Merritt Island State Park and Cocoa Village.
Happy Trails!
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Terri West said...

love your map! The most colorful and artistic!

floridavisitorcenter said...

For information about Floridavisitorscenter Click here

And Florida History

Florida Visitor Center said...

Journey Needs Guidance and Information,
To Know more about florida visitors center Visit : http://www.floridavisitorscenter.org And for Florida Holidays , Visit Florida,Map of Florida and Florida Map