Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sneak Peek at a Painting in Progress for "Dresses"

I am presently working on pieces for upcoming exhibits.
One of which is a group invitational exhibition "Dresses".  The exhibit is from
September 15 - October 5 at Gallery at Avalon Island, in Orlando, Fl. The above painting is one of my acrylics on canvas in progress. I have painted many layers to achieve a feeling of nature and water flowing through the dress in some areas. I have glazed areas with a metallic gold and copper. I draw on the paint with charcoal and india ink to achieve a vintage flowing gown. This dress painting is almost done!


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Gorgeous, Robin!

Nancy's WildWire said...

I am always surprised by how prolific you are! I know it will be lovely:)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I love it!!! Leave it as it is!!! :D

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Maria -Therese, there won't ne many highly evident changes..it really is mostly complete.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thanks Valerie and Nancy!

PoetessWug said...

Hmmm...Something new I've never seen from you!

Lesley said...

You get such a wonderful luminosity from acrylics!