Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fashion Designer Dreams

I had no idea I would have such a blast painting these dresses for Dresses: objects of art, but there were clues. I've always loved fashion shows and clothing design. I swoon over haute couture and Project Runway. Before I was born my mother had won a sewing contest for Vogue, she still uses the Singer that she won in that contest. My home and clothes were often homemade growing up. Yet try as I did even when making dresses for my daughters when they were little, sewing with all its tension and re threading the needle left me with little patience. I would buy fabrics just for the love of fabrics and they would sit with good intentions often even cut and ready to sew,as I enjoyed the patterns, pinning them, cutting them,and even handsewing. Although I love fashion, machine sewing was not my area of excellence nor as much fun for me as painting. So one of my many dreams of being a fashion designer was put aside. Now I can live the dream through this series. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I do!
 
SAVE THE DATE September 15th Orlando Florida
 
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Life Is A Lark said...

LOVE these!! They are all so unique and fabulous.

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen - Dennis Magnusen said...

Lovely blog Twitter friend. Happy day, Kathy

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

the dresses totally rock!