Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Marilyn and Monroe in the Gallery Lounge

Last night we had a private preview opening of Dresses: objects of art at The Gallery at Avalon Island in Orlando Florida. "Marilyn" and "Monroe" look darling in the lounge with black bows. The works of our group of artists are all intermingled so when the crowds attend this Thursday Sept 15th for the opening reception they will explore the gallery and the cafe/lounge to see a multitude of works. The metallic gold, copper and bronze paint of these two pieces is very reflective in photos and looks like white so if in town you will just have to come in to the gallery to see them in person. I already have quite a few favorites in the exhibited works, and I am sure you will too. This is truly quite a stunning exhibition and I am honored to be a part of it. Thank you Donna Dowless for inviting me.  



4 comments:

Nancy's WildWire said...

They are stunning! And you too:)

Dale Anne Potter said...

So totally AWESOME - bigger than I thought they were. LOVELY to see you also!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wow! Looks great!
Your phone cases are so so so pretty! <3 I have a lot of catching up to do here. Been super busy and mostly tended to my own blog and facebook very quickly because it's part of my job...

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wow! Looks great!
Your phone cases are so so so pretty! <3 I have a lot of catching up to do here. Been super busy and mostly tended to my own blog and facebook very quickly because it's part of my job...