Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Paradigm Shift

"Retro Blooms" 10" x 8" acrylic
I received numerous personal messages after my post regarding "How Do You Do It". I responded personally to most questions but perhaps some of you had some similar questions like When Do You Paint?, as it so happened that the day I shared was a non painting day as I had art errands to do, but I paint several days a week, sometimes on and off all day - sometimes 3 or 4 hours.
Roisin Markham said...
Robin you make it look so easy [sic] - and when you put it all down like that how does it make you feel to look over it? What is your reaction to it...
Roisin - My reaction to seeing it is just thinking Gee I left out a lot of stuff lol - I feel productive and I like  the sense of accomplishment. Again I don't just want to be busy for the sake of being busy I want to build my career and work smart.
 Square Framing suggestion for a square giclee



 On a personal note it never ceases to amaze me how painting changes my paradigm to a positive all is right with me and the world place. I have been absorbed in responsibilities outside of my career and art making, sometimes feeling like "real life" is a thief. Then I take another look at it and realize how important it is to balance and exude gratitude in all things.  I've been a bit off lately, dealing with a delay in something I'd been hoping to bring to fruition and changes in my living space. Well it's usually after or at the end of a "slump" or "bump" that I share I hit one. It's cyclical. Cathartic. It's also cathartic to be clearing  physical stuff,  moving belongings into keep and toss piles. It's a new day! Wishing you the best and Thanks for being part of my world - Robin

1 comment:

Roisin Markham said...

I'm only seeing this now.
My comment was also to get you to realise how much you do and your capacity for work - no matter what is going on. I find how you work and share your work inspiring.
But I simply love your 'personal comment'
..."how important it is to balance and exude gratitude in all things"...
painting is a wonderful process may it bring ever so much more to you as you continue to build your career and practice.