Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Making Good Memories from the Glide Ride On

My mother tells me she remembers being in her crib and hearing conversations spoken by her family.
I don't actually have solid memories of this time period in this picture of me on the Glide Ride, but I look pretty happy!
 
I do remember this Christmas. I remember pulling at the petals of the daisy belt on that dress. I thought it was neato! I remember making cookies, singing songs, my Dad and Uncle put together and played with us and our new toys, while my Mom prepared food all through the day.
The name Ragamuffin was used endearingly by my mother as we were layered with clothes to keep warm in our old house, with our unkempt Christmas morning hair. This yet another year filled with memories, traditions of putting up the tree, going to church, singing songs, making sure not to break any of my mother's nativity set, dancing, cookie making, creating decorations and Christmas gifts. I'd awake early grab my stocking bring it to my bunk bed and peek..then put it back....

We just finalized our family plans with our extended families, and our grown children
- all celebrating bringing together traditions of several families. And soon begins the making of merriment via food and drink, playing, and dress up, and thank yous and hugs...

However you celebrate the season in your family 
I wish you joy, peace and healthy happy homes.

                 
                 "When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy." 
                                                                                                              Matthew 2:10
                                                                                                   


No comments: