Thursday, January 05, 2012

Coincidence? Or Muse



I checked in at my studio yesterday for the first painting day of the New Year. It was also the first real painting day in quite some time. The holidays usually wipe me out - of time, energy and this season it was my health. Injuring my back at Thanksgiving threw everything off kilter and thankfully it was just a sprain and time heals. I pulled the large canvases out yesterday. Some so large I needed to work on them in the chilly screened in porch next to my studio. The other part of this story is how I was really missing the wild birds (I'd removed the feeders because the squirrels were causing damage to my home). I found yet another squirrel proof feeder, but a month went by and only squirrels and not a single bird. Until yesterday. As I painted outside on the porch a bird landed on top of the feeder and sang. My heart jumped for joy and once again all was right in my world; the sun shinned, a cool breeze blew, the bird sang, music played and I painted. 

Above is "A Breath of Cooler Air" available in giclees and in my Etsy Shop check with me to see if the original is still available.

And last but not least I am in a competition ... here's how it works 

3 comments:

CinLynn Boutique said...

This is an awesome painting! Thanks for showing it to us!

Chris said...

I love your work Robin, nothing worse than back strain so hope you are getting better. I've just been watching two beautiful Rainbow Rosella's from my window and I so know what you are talking about.

Shannon Grissom said...

I love how you sang with the birds. Beautiful painting Robin!