Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Reflecting and Pondering


Although I did accomplish quite a bit last year, and many of the goals I had posted came to fruition I left the year feeling slightly unsatisfied due to various opportunities in licensing where communications fizzled..after a vivid beginning came a long gestation with investment of energies that ended with an unresponsive company. Limbo is such a dysfunctional place for me.
I enter 2012 knowing I want success and prosperity and pondering my path to achieving this goal. I believe part of my thing in life is to "connect";  other people together, the dots, ideas, help find ways to meet the needs of others, and make a difference.  My mother instilled in me the ability to be a creative problem solver and to be charitable, which she illustrates everyday in her life. I share my successes daily with mentoring and charity. My word picture is like a spiral that ripples outward. I use spirals and curls a lot in my work. Its like the wind or connections of movement. This is how my mind works and how I paint, I connect.

 
And isn't it interesting that I use the snail as my symbol for time and it is a spiral.....

So like many of you I am watching all the goals pour out in blogs and thinking of just how I should align myself this new year. I am on the horizon of various directions. 
Word picture; octopus. 

                    I googled Octopus then Octopus Jewelry and Liked this one by steampunkcouture.com

I think in symbols and visual images, and sometimes I actually have to find the words to express the visual.


Above the very top image is Jackson's Chameleon, a piece which the staff at Baterbys selected for the competition. And note yet another spiral in that tail! The competition is underway and I am still requesting your help if you haven't already voted via FB LIKE on my Baterbys page please consider doing so here
 http://www.baterbys.com/orlando_bestartist-finalists-robinmaria-pedrero 
Voting ends Jan 13


Goals are forthcoming ..To be Continued

No comments: