Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sharing process of painting

 
A new botanical  landscape painting - very design like, as I see it as all three, a botanical, a landscape and a design oriented painting. This 12" x 12" acrylic was created using layers of acrylic paint, a resist process, and more layers of acrylic paint, then added drawing with india ink and then sprayed and sealed with varnish. Now what to call this one...
This is an earlier stage in my process as I layer a series.This stage is with paint and resist. 

The Sweet February Newsletter is released... there's a Sweet Treat near the end.
 I have back to back events coming up...and new Neckties!


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Becky Joy said...

Very good to see your process. Interesting. Do you often do multiples.

Robin Pedrero said...

I often work in a series or even just pairs of paintings.

Jo Reimer said...

this is such a lovely piece, Robin. I love working in layers, too.

Ayala Art said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Lisa Graham Art said...

I like seeing that first raw layer of your paintings. They do have such incredible depth to them!

Janet Vanderhoof said...

Hi Robin, very cool, what type of spray varnish do you use?

Robin Pedrero said...

Janet,

I do not spray varnish the whole piece, only the areas with india ink and I use a drawing fixative (presently winsor newton or krylon)Then I apply varnish with a brush.